Roll2Rail Final Conference17 October 2017
Roll2Rail Final Conference: Building the next generation of trains
The event will be held on Tuesday, 17 October 2017 at the Sofitel Hotel, in Munich (Germany).
The Roll2Rail project aimed to develop key technologies and remove specific road blocks to radical innovation in the field of railway vehicles, as part of a longer-term strategy to revolutionize rolling stock for the future. The results, which will be presented at the Final Conference, will contribute to the overall objectives of Shift2Rail thanks to the increase of the operational reliability and to the reduction of the life cycle costs which have been achieved during the last 30 months.
Participants will be offered two technical visits in the afternoon as well as interactive sessions in the morning.
Click here to download the draft agenda and information on the technical visits offered to the participants in the afternoon.
Participation is free of charge and participants are requested to register here before 15th September 2017. Due to limited places in the technical visits, participants may be asked to join another if places are no longer available in their first choice.
Due to limited capacity, please be aware that your registration request does not represent a confirmed registration as we are trying to balance the attendance between project partners and external stakeholders. You will receive a response in your inbox by 19 September.
Highlights of the event:
• Research in the area of traction components and subsystems, including SiC technologies
• Radio communications technology assessment for railways
• Technical framework and recommendations for new composite/multi-material car bodyshell
• Universal Cost Model for innovative running gears
• Homologation processes for brake system in Europe
• Research for comfortable and attractive train Interiors
• Methodology to separate rail and vehicle noise for more cost/effective homologation & noise control ROI
• Energy calculation methodology, boundary conditions & link with Shift2Rail targets
• Railway system level impact assessment
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to visit www.roll2rail.eu or send an email to the Roll2Rail Coordinator at email@example.com.