DYNAFREIGHT Final Conference27 June 2018
The DYNAFREIGHT project’s aim was to provide the necessary input for the development of the next railway freight propulsion concepts within the Shift2Rail Innovation Programme 5, and to contribute to overcoming the problems of operational and technical nature that have been affecting the overall capacity, performance and competitiveness of the EU rail freight industry.
Highlight of the event:
- An assessment of lighweight materials for rail freight bogie application;
- A description of the identified noise sources and proposed measures to achieve the limitation targets with its calculated/measured improvements;
- A study of passive and mechatronic systems for radial steering;
- An analysis of freight parameters to be monitored and the expected impact in terms of monitoring LCC;
- Definition/implementation of functional, technical and homologation requirements for a radio controlled traction and braking system;
- Proposals of safety precautions in train configuration and brake application by analysing and simulating longitudinal forces and derailment risks of long freight trains;
- identifying adaptions needed in the infrastructure for the operation of long freight trains of up to 1,500m.
This final conference is a great opportunity to find out about DYNAFREIGHT‘s results while exchanging with stakeholders from the whole European rail community!
Click HERE to download the agenda of the event.
Participation is free of charge and participants are requested to register HERE before 31 May 2018. Participants will receive a confirmation email on 1 June 2018. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to visit www.dynafreight-rail.eu or send an email to DYNAFREIGHT Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.